Readership NG

…dishing veracious news, events and analyses

Lakurawa Attack On Sokoto Village Kills 28, Police Confirm

The Sokoto State Police Command has confirmed the death of 28 people following an attack by Lakurawa terrorists on Ungushi community in Kebbe Local Government Area of the state on Sunday evening.

Local sources had earlier confirmed that the Chief Imam of Ungushi Izala Jumu’at Mosque, Imam Aliyu, was among the victims of the attack.

Meanwhile, the General Officer Commanding (GOC), 8 Division of the Nigerian Army, Major General Paul Kaughna, had earlier conducted an assessment visit to the Forward Operating Base (FOB) in Kebbe and surrounding communities.

Osoba said the visit was part of a decisive move to address recent threats posed by the Lakurawa terrorist group in Kebbe LGA of Sokoto State.

According to him, the GOC has proactively readjusted the Army’s security architecture to prevent further terrorist infiltration and secure vulnerable border communities between Sokoto and Kebbi states.

He said the GOC, while addressing the communities, emphasised the Army’s unwavering determination to respond swiftly and decisively to any emerging threats, ensuring that terrorist elements find no safe haven in the region.

About The Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Readership NG © 2024 All Rights Reserved | Newsphere by AF themes.